Friday, April 14, 2023

Sugarplum Cottage to Monarch Cottage 15

 

The roof is evolving!


The gable roof turned out to be the same felt/sod of the main roof. Sometimes I overthink the challenges. Using a different type of roofing would, I think, have messed up the overall look. 

I carefully painted the edges of the roof to match the green of the sod. In a few places the paint got onto the felt. It was the same color, just a bit darker. That set me to thinking. A few minutes later, the roof had some shading.

What do I see on the chimney? Can it be the first of the Monarchs?

Thinking: I am not sure about the color of the benches. I am pondering what color to wash them with to age them.


The shaded sod looks good on the roof of the bay window. This angle shows the gable roof. Continuing the felt on those surfaces worked out well. 

There will likely be some tiny flowers popping up here and there on the roof, interspersed between the butterflies yet to come. I need to check the Landscaping tub for possibilities.


5 comments:

  1. You chose a lovely color for the chairs which doesn't clash with the rest.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roofs look marvelous! It's exciting to see the first butterfly make an appearance, too. I love the flower on the roof idea and landscaping sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He pasado un gran rato disfrutando de nuevo de todos los pasos que has realizado con esta casita.
    Enhorabuena.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete