Yesterday Daisy commented that some shutters might look nice. The exterior was a bit plain, but I didn't want to spent a lot of time on it, so I took the easy way out. I found a shutter I liked on the Home Depot website, tinkered with the color until it came close to the roof color, and printed them out. They were sprayed with clear Krylon paint and glued on with liquid starch, so they can be taken off easily. Thanks, Daisy. I like the way this looks. What a good idea! :)
I also added the channel to hold the Plexiglass panel and took this photo with the roof flap down. I'm not sure if you've seen it this way. It will be flipped up during the show, so folks can see inside more easily. The streetside got a nice sign to fill in some of the big white void. This side will probably be facing the hall windows in the YMCA. Maybe the sign will lure some visitors into the quilt show. The backside needed a little punch, so I put a sign there, too. It directs customers to the front of the shop. I didn't want to mess with shutters on the French doors, and that spot looked a bit bare.