Monday, September 13, 2021

Wainscoting and Window Wall - Beacon Hill Dining Room

 The wainscoting is finished and installed. The door is not glued, as it will be easier to paper the hall side of the wall without it in place. The walnut-stained cove molding will be installed over the white strip by the ceiling. The arrow points to a bit of wall that confuses me. It probably is meant to define the window alcove, but in my scheme it is just in the way. Will work around it for the time being and then decide how best to camouflage it.


The window wall has had me flummoxed from the get-go. The section above the interior window unit is just sort of there. I think I will cut a piece of wood to fill that entire section and stain it, so the window wall will then be entirely wood. I can't see trying to incorporate any wallpaper. The drapes to be installed on either side of the alcove will be behind the skinny white beam. It may make sense to cover it with the same fabric of the draperies, turning it into a sort of pelmet. We'll see!



No comments:

Post a Comment