Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Beacon Hill - Dining Room and on to Hall/Foyer

 

Finished up the dining room but for the drapes/curtains. The wooden window wall turned out well. I swapped out the wide shelf that was supposed to go under the window for a narrower one.  Still wide enough to hold some kind of pretty. Look in the far right upper corner. I wasn't ready to break my brain cutting the cove molding to make a fitted corner, so I sawed the top off of a Newell post and inverted it, butted the cove moldings against it.  

Three things left to do in here --- the drapes/curtains, which will have to wait for fabric;  the tape wire brads poking through the ceiling; and the light fixtures. All in good time. Regarding the brads, I think I'll wait until all of the wiring is finished, then use the trusty Dremel to grind them down, patch with Spackle, and repaint.


Moving on to the front hall/foyer. The initial plan called for closing the doorway nearest the front door, so I made a plug for it. There will be a ceiling light above the front door and a mirror on the wall to the left of the front door to bounce the light, but I'm wondering if this corner won't be too dark. The plug will not be glued until the jury comes in with a decision. The first step for this room is the floor. I have an idea for an original parquet design and process, but it is untried. Fun to experiment!




No comments:

Post a Comment